Monday, August 1, 2016

Joy to the World

Happy Monday and welcome to the Dirty Dozen August Christmas challenge. This month we have a wonderful Inspiration piece for you to be inspired from. Hope you can play along this month. You can find out challenge HERE


This was a great photo and oh so many options I came up with. Here is my first idea using Pinecones along with the wrapped present idea. After my image was colored and the sentiment from Luke 2:11 stamped they were die cut using ODBD Elegant Ovals. My designer paper was layered onto some dark chocolate cardstock and wrapped with bakers twine for the present on the photo. Layered onto some kraft cardstock and pearls added for accents. Hopefully I can get to my other ideas this week as I do like this photo. Thanks for stopping by today! 


4 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful! You nailed this challenge. Love the die cut you used for your pine cone and sentiment, and with the twine wrapped around you definitely captured the present idea. Also love the font of "joy to the world". TFS Stacy.

Leslie Miller said...

Goodness, this is so beautiful, Stacy! A gorgeous and simple main image over absolutely lovely paper. What a treat to behold!

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Stacy, you really did nail this inspiration photo! What a beautiful card with this pinecone and wonderful DP! I love how you've used twine too along with the dark matting and using the kraft. Beautifully done, and I love the "snow" you added too. I love your pinecone color and am wondering what Copic color you've used. It really does give it such depth. Love it and might CASE it myself! *wink* And thanks for the DD Christmas Challenge. I was going to do it this year and just never seem to get there. Maybe? I sure hope so. You are amazing in how creative your cards are and beautiful too!! Big hugs, sweet friend!

Traci M said...

Love your card, Stacy...earthy and elegant!! But the scripture makes it so special...thanks for the challenge on SCS!!